We are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal and financial information. While the Internet is revolutionizing the way that we do business — providing convenient access to financial services from your home or office — we also recognize that it may bring legitimate concerns about privacy and security.
Here you will find our policies for protecting your privacy both on and offline. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have regarding these policies. We are committed to adopting the privacy standards established by federal and provincial regulatory bodies.Ten privacy principles have been adopted to govern the handling of member information. Below is a summary of these ten principles:
- Accountability: The Board of Directors has appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure compliance with the appropriate privacy legislation. The Privacy Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy.
- Identifying Purposes: Your Credit Union will only use personal information for the purposes described below.These purposes are further identified in Your Credit Union’s Member Service Agreement.They include:
- To establish and confirm the member’s identification
- To aid in understanding the member’s needs and to develop, manage and communicate to the member on products and services to meet those needs
- To evaluate your credit standing and worthiness, where applicable, by sharing or exchanging information with credit reporting agencies
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
- To detect and prevent fraud, and to help safeguard the financial interests of the credit union and its membersvi) to determine the suitability and eligibility for member products and services
- To provide ongoing service. The purposes for which personal information is collected will be described to you before or at the time the information is collected. We will not use collected information for a new purpose without your consent.
- Consent: We require your knowledge and consent for the use, collection or disclosure of personal information. New members will provide consent through the completion of the Member Service Agreement. Existing members will be notified annually with information regarding providing and withdrawing consent. Members have the right to refuse to provide information or to withdraw their consent, at any time, for the collection, use or disclosure of their personal information. In order to withdraw their consent, a written request must be forwarded to the Privacy Officer with 60 days notice. In some instances withdrawal of consent can not be granted. These instances are specifically referenced to in the credit union policies. You can request to have your name not provided to affiliated companies. You can also advise the credit union that you prefer not to receive direct marketing materials regarding products and services. The credit union may still forward marketing materials with other required communications such as statements.
- Collection of Information: The information collected will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the credit union and the information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Use, Disclosure and Retention of Information: Information will only be used for the purposes specified at the time of collection except with the consent of the member or as required by law. We only maintain your personal information for as long as it is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. The length of time we keep information is also determined by legal requirements. We have established retention periods for personal information. Subject to any requirements to retain information, Your Credit Union will ensure that personal information that is no longer required will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous in a secure manner.We will only release your personal information in specific circumstances and only if you have provided consent to do so or as required by law. We will not sell or give lists of our members to other organizations.
- Accuracy: We will endeavor to keep your personal information accurate for as long as it is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. In order to achieve this, we request that members provide us with notification of any changes, for example, new address or telephone number. This enables us to provide ongoing service.To make or report a change in your information please contact us at 1-800-379-7757.
- Safeguards: Credit Union employees take seriously the confidentiality of member information. Only employees and members of the Board of Directors have access to reports that contain personal member information. Each employee and director is required to sign an agreement to maintain the confidentiality of personal member information. Your Credit Union has put in place safeguards to protect paper-based and electronic member information.
- Individual Access: Upon written request, any member may view the information maintained by Your Credit Union. The member may review the information for accuracy and request any amendments where appropriate.We may charge a nominal fee, however we will advise you of the fee in advance. There may be instances when we can not provide you with the personal information you have requested. They include:i) If it contains references to other persons.ii) If it is subject to solicitor-client privilege.iii) If it contains information that is confidential to us.iv) If we have destroyed it because the information was no longer needed for its purpose.v) For legal requirements.
- Compliance: Members may contact the Privacy Officer regarding any questions, suggestions, or comments concerning compliance with these principles. Such inquiries shall be directed to: John Buss
PRIVACY ONLINE: This information page describes in general terms how your personal information is collected and used within the online banking section of our site. The online banking area of the site is the area of our website that requires you to use your Member ID and Personal Access Code (PAC) to enter.
CONTROLLED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION: To ensure that you are the only person accessing your personal financial information, we restrict access to the online banking section of the site by requiring that you enter your Member ID and PAC to login. Only you know your PAC. Our employees do not have access to your PAC, and they will not ask you to reveal it. If someone does ask you to provide your PAC to them, we ask that you refuse to do so and contact us immediately.
TRANSACTIONAL SERVICES: By nature, our Internet banking site has many transactional functions such as transfers between accounts and bill payment functions. These transactions are all logged to ensure that your accounts are debited or credited appropriately, and a history of each transaction is available to verify your account information. We store and use your transactional information in the same fashion as if you performed the transaction at a branch or through any other service channel. We may also use transactional information for servicing your account — for example, billing you for the particular transactions that you perform, or for the services that you use.
CREATING A SECURE CHANNEL: We create a secure channel between your browser and our server to protect your information when you use the site. To learn more about how we do this, please review our information on Internet Security.
APPLICATION FORMS: To provide you with a convenient method for applying for loans and mortgages, or for purchasing other financial services products such as Registered Savings Plans, we may provide secure online application forms. These forms capture personal information that we use to provide you with the products and services you request. This information is processed in a similar way to application forms received through our other channels.
WEBSITE USAGE STATISTICS: To continually improve our site, we often collect statistics about how our members are using it. These usage statistics are only viewed in the aggregate and are not associated with you as an individual. We use this information for purposes such as improving the pages where our members are having difficulties. The information collected may include your IP address, your browser type and your operating system, as well as data such as the number and types of pages visited, and the length of time spent per page and on the site overall.
We may use persistent cookies to:
(i) provide you with a customized experience by recording your preferences;
(ii) gather statistical information such as average time spent on a page; and
(iii) to show you targeted marketing information about us when you visit other websites. The data gathered provides us with information on how we can improve the design, content and navigation of our website.Most recent browser versions allow you to set some level of control over which cookies are accepted and how your browser uses them. For example, it may be set to notify you when it is receiving a cookie so that you accept cookies from only known, reliable sites such as this one. If you are concerned about cookies, we encourage you to upgrade your browser to a recent version and review the Help section of your browser to learn more about its specific control features.
MEMORIZED ACCOUNTS FEATURE: We use a persistent cookie to store information to help you personalize the site and to make it easier to use. For example, we allow you to make the login easier by remembering your login information within our Memorized Accounts feature. Since the Memorized Accounts feature is optional, this cookie only contains information that you have entered into it. We never store your Personal Access Code (PAC) in a cookie.
LOGOUT BUTTON: To ensure that no-one else can access your personal information, always use the logout button to end an online banking session. It is located at the top of every page. When you exit using the logout button, we delete your session cookie so that your session cannot be resumed unless your Member ID and PAC are re-entered.
AUTOMATIC SESSION TIME-OUTS: In the event that you leave your computer without logging out, the online banking feature of this site has been designed to end your session automatically if our system detects that you haven't provided any instructions or used the browser buttons to navigate for several minutes. To restart the session, you will need to provide your PAC again.
EMAIL: To communicate with us electronically, we strongly recommend that you use our Contact Us feature. This feature provides a secure channel for sending us comments, questions or instructions. General email is not secure since it passes through many points on its route from you to us. If you are using general email to communicate with us, we strongly recommend that you do not include personal financial information (such as account numbers) within the email as we cannot guarantee its confidentiality en route to us. When you email us your comments, questions or instructions, you provide us your email address and we use it to correspond with you. We then store your email and our replies to you in case we correspond further.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES: Our site may also contain links to other websites or Internet resources. As an example, from time-to-time we may provide links to Microsoft to assist you in upgrading your Internet browser. However, we have no control over these other websites or Internet resources and do not control their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Always review the Privacy Statements of the sites that you are viewing.
CONTACT US: We welcome any questions or concerns about your privacy relating to use of our website. Please use the Contact Us form to submit your questions or comments.As we continue to expand our online banking service to serve you better, and as new Internet technologies become available, we may update the information on this page at any time, to reflect changes.